You can become a member when you are 14 years old or above.
To come to training sessions after your two free taster sessions (ideally one Tuesday and one Sunday) you must become a member.
Once you are a member you can also join the private East Grinstead Runners Facebook Group to chat to other members.
You will also be given an option to join as a member to the UKA (England Athletics) which will give you many membership options, not least discounts and benefits - see below - but lots of other good services and obviously the money will go on providing support and insurance for clubs like us so it is very worthwhile.
The AGM is usually held in May, minutes are available on request.
By becoming a member of East Grinstead Runners Club, I agree to the follow the Club Constitution and the Club's Code of Conduct and I have read the Privacy Notice which is set out below:
Code of Conduct:
- I will be responsible for attending sessions appropriately dressed i.e: suitable running shoes, head torch and high vis where required (this list is by no means exhaustive)
- I understand that I must be responsible for my own hydration as required during training or organised runs.
- I will not wear clothing that can cause offence to anyone within the Club or members of the public.
- I will not modify or add other logos to my Club shirt without the Committee approval.
- I will not use the Club’s logo without the Committee approval.
- I will follow instructions given to me by coaching staff during a training session.
- I agree to bound by all UKA rules, where appropriate, whilst running with the club.
- I will not wear headphones when running with the Club as per UKA Rules
- I understand that I am responsible for my own belongings when at a training session and the Club cannot be held liable for any losses or damage.
- I will not use inappropriate or offensive language, words or behaviour when with the Club.
- I will conduct myself responsibly at all times when at training sessions, organised runs or running events whilst representing/wearing club colours.
- I will report any injuries or concerns to the coaching staff at the start of any training session or organised run or as soon as I become aware of any.
- I understand that I am responsible for my own safety when running with the Club.
- I understand that youth members (14-18 years of age) are welcome but that the coaching staff reserves the right to turn away any youth members if they feel that health and safety of either the youth member(s) or the group as a whole is put at risk.
- I understand that I should not leave a training session or organised run without first informing the coaching staff of that session.
Privacy Notice to all members:
East Grinstead Runners takes data protection very seriously. It uses and protects your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and its Data Protection Policy
The information provided in your membership form will be used by the Committee of the Club in order for them to carry out their duties to manage your membership with the Club and provide appropriate services to you such as coaching or basic first aid.
Your emergency contact details will only be used in the event of an accident where we deem it appropriate to contact them. In such cases we may also provide any relevant information to the appropriate authorities (such as ambulance staff) and we may do this in connection with your vital interests where consent cannot be obtained from you.
We will hold your information for the life of your membership. When this has lapsed we will delete the information.
We will use your contact information to notify you of meeting dates and essential club information only. There will be no marketing.